I am so excited to give this update about the #MochaPrincessProject.
People are responding with great kindness and positive energy to the project. A number of donations have come in and a couple of others have promised. However we have a lot ore needed so please do try and participate. If you are not familiar with the project please read up on it here:http://mochachic.co.za/mochaprincessproject/
There are a few vital issues which have now been confirmed:
- The Farewell which had been cancelled by the school has been rescheduled and confirmed for the 26th November.
- The venue is the Teaspoon and Tankard in Muldersdrift. This is where the Farewell will take place on November 26th.
- We have at least one designer on board at this point and she has undertaken to design a dress for one of the Top 10 performing girls. We will soon be visiting the school and on my next update I will give you the lowdown on how the competition went. I should have pictures of sketches from the girls as well as they have to draw a sketch of their dream design should they win. Please visit our new sponsor on her blog: The Joburg Blog and show some love.
- I have roped my very kindhearted pastor in and asked him to help me with a drop off zone. So if you cannot meet with me in the course of the week, then I will be available at church from this Saturday, 22nd October, and every Saturday thereafter from 12PM to 13:30PM up to November 19th. Directions to Calvary Chapel, Honeydew can be found on this link: directions.
To arrange for collection or delivery during the week please leave your contact details here for me:leave-your-details.
- And another milestone is that we have music for the event paid for by #TheChicMochaQueen with the illustrious and most favourite music maestro DJ Muzi. You can find him on https://www.instagram.com/ as https://www.instagram.com/muzigp/ and perhaps you will recognize him from his regular feature on Morning Live on SABC2.
- Oh and please go through the list to see what we are in need of. There are a few added items on this revised list such as sponsorship for funds to higher transportation to carry the kids from Zandspruit or the school to the venue.
- Jen Adams, thank you Mocha Queen for a organizing a radio interview on #CliffCentral for us. People please keep your eyes locked for more details. We are scheduled to be on hair on November 9th.
- And lastly, this coming Monday I will be putting up some fabulous Clip On Ponytails on the first ever giveaway on my blog so please be on the look out first thing Monday morning.
Please remember that although this may appear to be a frivolous event, it could make all the difference in the world to one child who has never been celebrated for anything in their lives. My mission is to make a difference to as many young adult’s lives as possible but if only one feels celebrated and inspired to make something of themselves beyond high school, that would be enough.
One step at a time we will conquer poverty in our communities as long as we get up and do something.
So please, friends, I implore you to help make this dream happen.
We have 21 girls and 25 boys we are looking to dress up real fancy.
Clothing sizes for both are between 28 and 36
Shoes sizes from 3 to 8 with the majority being 4, 5 and 6.
PLEASE KINDLY SHARE THIS POST OR COPY PASTE THE LINK ON YOUR FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER ACCOUNTS. THAT WILL MEAN EVERYTHING.
Thank you for dropping in.